Entergy Grants Fund the Work of 11 Nonprofit Organizations
The volume on Mississippi tourism attractions is turning up thanks to a grant from the Entergy Charitable Foundation for the new Brandon Amphitheater. The 9,000 capacity venue along Interstate 20 will attract premier performers and audiences.
Grants to the City of Brandon and ten other nonprofit organizations in communities served by Entergy Mississippi, Inc. totaled $74,000 in the foundation’s first round of 2017 awards.
“We are proud to power life in our communities in ways that go beyond powering the electric grid,” said Haley Fisackerly, president and CEO of Entergy Mississippi. “By providing support to local nonprofits, we are creating a circuit of community partnerships that help build a better community.”
Among the Mississippi programs supported in the first round of 2017 Entergy Charitable Foundation grants are:
- Delta State University Foundation’s Bologna Performing Arts Center school-time matinee series.
- The Mississippi Children’s Museum’s 2017 fall festival celebrating literature and reading.
- The Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science’s summer enrichment program for science, technology, engineering and math studies.
- Social service programs for the Salvation Army in Greenville and Greenwood.
- United Way of West Central Mississippi’s LIVE UNITED program, aimed at making a positive impact on education, financial stability and health for local residents.
- The Vicksburg Warren School District’s college and career academies program aimed at developing a skilled a job-ready workforce.
A complete list of 2017 grant awards can be found here.
In 2016, Entergy shareholders awarded approximately $19 million through various grant programs to almost 3,000 nonprofits in communities where Entergy operates. Of that 2016 total, the Entergy Charitable Foundation distributed more than $2.8 million in grants focusing on education, poverty solutions and environmental programs that improve the quality of life in communities served by Entergy. Learn more about our community investments here.